By Tom Macy featured in How to Spritz French Fluently
Inspired by the vintage classic French 75, the flight 57 is a gin base cocktail mixed with the usual lemon and augmented with grapefruit, St-Germain, and bittersweet Salers Gentiane, and topped—as always—with sparkling wine, plus a zesty disk of grapefruit.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the champagne, in a mixing tin
- Add ice and shake until chilled
- Strain into a chilled coupe
- Top with champagne and gently stir to combine
- Garnish with a grapefruit wheel